Need inspiration to drink more water? Buy yourself a custom tumbler! My friend Rachel’s amazing! I had her whip me up this pretty little one.
“When life hands you lemons, pray they are lulu.”
Check out her custom etsy shop, Simply Mama Boutique. Stay tuned in another blog post for a giveaway too!
I wrapped up my 10 day cleanse and I will 100% admit, it was SO darn tough! Being super cold up here in NY, all I am craving are warm baked goods, pastas, and lots of hot lattés. Was my cleanse a total flop?
I actually think it was the perfect re-boot that my body needed.
- I upped my water intake (we need 1/2 of our body weight in water at least!)
- I upped my veggie intake
- I stopped snacking mindlessly
- I pretty much omitted sugary foods/drinks (I did cheat and have a soy green tea latté on Friday, my last day before taxes)
- I ate more lean protein
- I ate more real foods, not so much bars/shakes/aka processed junk
- I worked out
- My jeans are baggy again
- I lost the bloat/extra flub around my midsection
- I slept well
- I had more energy
- I only drank (wine) on Saturday night
- I became more mindful of what I was eating
I didn’t lose any weight, but if I had measured inches I am sure that I lost some. I am at a steady 135 and I am 5’7. I am in between a 4/6. My goal is to continue 80/20 eating. I want to enjoy a latté when I’d like one, but not drink them daily.
I want to tone up and build more muscle, while enjoying delicious foods. My body seems to work best if I eat clean all day, and then dinner I can be a little flexible and enjoy a little pasta or cheese pizza. I cannot do the all or nothing thing, it never works.
Next up I’m going to play around with intermittent fasting a bit more. I am fascinated by it, and have several friends who swear by it. Stay tuned!
I did notice the biggest difference when I started CHUGGING my water. The fiber for sure helps flush out toxins, as does the cleanse tablets, but more than anything ladies and gentlemen, water, water, water!!!
Top 5 tips to drink more water:
- Cute tumbler
- Figure out if you prefer water cold or room temp
- Use a straw (I don’t know why, but I always drink more with a straw!?)
- Add lemon or fruit to flavor
- Have water everywhere. I have multiple cups going day/night.