1.Yes! I don’t go crazy with decorating but I always have a little something up for each holiday. I’m a sucker for door wreaths, signs, anything adorable the kids craft and I do love bunnies! (Joe has called me Rabbit or Bunny for 12 years now!)
2. We celebrate Easter, my sister Brianna’s birthday, Mother’s Day (which should be a week long this year, am I right?!) and I’m always down for some tacos on Cinco de Mayo! hehe
3. As for fun Spring traditions? We usually go to the Ugly Disco this time of year…but like most things, it was cancelled for now. We also enjoy muddy walks with the dogs and kids at our land. There are usually some chilly playground runs and we are always itching to get back to BBQ time in the driveway! Bring on all the smoked meats–and cheeses! Once Memorial Day hits it will be warm enough to grab some flowers and herbs, but much before that we still have freeze issues.
4. I’ve been cooking so much lately, and I just found a really yummy one I made the other night! I grabbed some Turkey cutlets on sale at the store before the quarantine, and decided to whip them up last night. There’s something so heavenly about a lemon, wine, butter & caper sauce paired with a glass of Pinot Grigio. I had mine with salad and served pasta with some oil, salt/pepper, parm cheese & lemon juice for the rest of the gang. Here is the Turkey Cutlets in Lemon Caper Sauce recipe!! Let me know if you make it.
5. I don’t really switch out much decor. I have visions of one day (in a new home) to have fun coordinating themes for each season, but with two rough and tumble kiddos and two dogs, I just don’t make the time to do much with decor. I need to get better about this! Our style is less is more, as clutter and extra stuff just drives us bonkers. But we could use some more pretty pieces around here. Some day!
6. Outdoor Spring decorating touches–I guess other than fresh flowers? Probably not. Kids are always collecting rocks, sticks, leaves and pinecones…but that’s about it.
7. My favorite Spring cocktail would be a “Flirtini” from back in the day SATC.
Part pineapple juice
Otherwise I just love champs, rosé bubbles or a solid Pinot Grigio.
8. Pink? Pretty please! I have loved the color pink for so long now. I adore a soft ballet pink or crush on a hot barbie pink. It’s so happy, feminine, and blissful. I think it’s a great color to wear especially if you’re looking for an instant mood boost. I also love a pretty off pink like coral. Something about coral and mint this time of year makes my heart happy.
9. My favorite Spring flower would be Hyacinths! I planted some a few years ago and they still pop up each year around Easter. Mine are just deep purple I would love to plant some more colors!
10. That said, things are JUST starting to bud, not yet blooming. There’s a lilac bush out back we are keeping a close eye on, and I see some little green bits on the edges of the trees. I have also noticed a few daffodils have poked through and I bet in another week or so they’ll pop open. We did have one pretty purple flower open up now that I think about it. It’s still high of 50 if we’re lucky and quite chilly most days and nights.
Let me know if you join in on this light-hearted fun!