Happy Friday friends!!
It’s been an interesting year, hasn’t it? I am just going to focus on positives and light on this here blog, and send love from my heart to yours.
Yesterday was simply gorgeous! It was sunny and in the 80’s — my favorite! Some big things happened this week and we are so excited!
- We had an awesome tenant move into his new home at Conrad Dr! This was the house that had a bacon fire on the stove last Summer. It took a long time with permits, total rehab of the main floor, lots of issues that sprang up (just because that’s what happens when you remodel!) But I think that the house came out even better this time around! I want to do a separate post on the renovations of this beautiful home, but for now, congratulations to the Sean!
2. I put together my little “outdoor oasis” I like to call it. Really, I’ve had everything but I did purchase and indoor/outdoor rug at Aldis– $50 for that size seemed like the best deal I would find! I enjoyed sitting here for a little bit, trying to keep calm over this past weekend. I also got a Lavender plant, in hopes that it helps keep the bugs away and also I just love the smell!
3. I finished this crazy book over the weekend. If you’re into thrillers, it’s pretty good! I didn’t find it super crazy, but I did want to read it quickly to see where it was headed.
4. This guy. What do you mamas feed your ALWAYS HUNGRY boys?! Brooke eats a lot too, but this kid will eat a meal and still want another meal afterwards. I gave into the fruity pebbles and he loves them…and I know that doesn’t fill anyone up, but goodness!
5. We wrapped up a deal and will be closing on buying another house in 3 weeks! We are so happy to help this family out as they start new ventures down in North Carolina. If you know anyone looking to sell a home, have them reach out to me! We are doing a $1,000 Summer—meaning, if you send us a house and we buy it, you get $1,000!!
6. Sister likes to wear her hair like I used to back in the 80’s. I love it.
7. We’ve been working hard– and as Joe’s shirt says, “WORK, that’s how you get it.”
8. A must try dinner idea– GRILLED ROMAINE—OMG! I slice the head in half and have Joe just slather a little Olive Oil. Then he grills it on all sides so parts are a little charred but not burnt. I then added some fresh lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, here we had smoked some chicken breast, asparagus and some crumbly blue—SO good and light and yet super filling!
9. My azalea’s bloomed. I Just love their coloring!!
10. And does anyone else feel like we are truly in an experiment? I have to find humor because life/this country/world is out of control. I do hope aliens will not come visit next month.