Need some inspo?!
Me too. Happy hump day!
Need some inspo?!
Me too. Happy hump day!
Happy Monday! I hope that if you’ve taken the time to read this, you are having a wonderful day! The weekend flew by and honestly, we spent so much time outside! It’s been sunny and a little cooler, but I hear 90s are on their way!
Friday we hopped on our Jenn Buys 585 Facebook page and went live for the first time!! It’s always a little interesting when you put yourself out there and especially when you go LIVE! We want to start sharing more of our story and what our days look like. AND I started a You Tube Channel for the buying part of our business too. We are working hard (at home) to truly spread the word of how we can help sellers out and also help people into homes. (Sidenote—my roots! Oh my gosh! I actually have a hair appointment coming up so I am looking forward to that!)
I think this screen shot of our Live from last Thursday pretty much sums it up. I think I was trying to figure out Eastern Standard Time vs. Pacific ….just don’t Jenn. Haha
We are looking to give $1,000 cash away this Summer to anyone who refers us seller!! If we buy the house, we will thank you with one thousand dollars! It’s the Summer of Selling!
I can’t take much credit for my “beautiful garden”–aka these just pop up every year! I keep telling myself one day I’ll be really into plants and flowers (like actually caring for them) I love the looking at them but it’s just not something I enjoy working on at the moment. Do you have a green thumb?
My friend Jill planted these a few years ago and they are my favorite to look at each Spring!!
Saturday night I ended making a Pot Roast in the Instant Pot. It was the best I have had! Sometimes it gets too dry in a slow cooker, and we were actually going to smoke it but the weather turned funky. I don’t have a photo (shame!) but I promise you will not be disappointed if you were to try it!
Sunday we made sauce with pork and meatballs. It was so delicious! Joe and Brooke make the meatballs and I start the sauce, but Joe takes over. (I LOVE IT!) He is better at sauce than me, as he should be since he grew up eating it on Sundays.
My friend Ann shared this yummy *easy* recipe with me to share with all of you! No campfire needed!! I will have to remember this when the kiddos want something sweet.
Sunday I was in a mood for a campfire, so s’mores we did!! It was so nice to hang out around the fire, I kind of felt like we were on a mini vacation! (though I still was ‘working’) the kids had so much fun playing outside in the grass as well.
I don’t remember the last s’more I had, and of course since I’m GF I just went without the crunch of the graham cracker. The chocolate and huge marshmallow were totally amazing still!
And this week’s motto:
Happy Friday friends!!
It’s been an interesting year, hasn’t it? I am just going to focus on positives and light on this here blog, and send love from my heart to yours.
Yesterday was simply gorgeous! It was sunny and in the 80’s — my favorite! Some big things happened this week and we are so excited!
2. I put together my little “outdoor oasis” I like to call it. Really, I’ve had everything but I did purchase and indoor/outdoor rug at Aldis– $50 for that size seemed like the best deal I would find! I enjoyed sitting here for a little bit, trying to keep calm over this past weekend. I also got a Lavender plant, in hopes that it helps keep the bugs away and also I just love the smell!
3. I finished this crazy book over the weekend. If you’re into thrillers, it’s pretty good! I didn’t find it super crazy, but I did want to read it quickly to see where it was headed.
4. This guy. What do you mamas feed your ALWAYS HUNGRY boys?! Brooke eats a lot too, but this kid will eat a meal and still want another meal afterwards. I gave into the fruity pebbles and he loves them…and I know that doesn’t fill anyone up, but goodness!
5. We wrapped up a deal and will be closing on buying another house in 3 weeks! We are so happy to help this family out as they start new ventures down in North Carolina. If you know anyone looking to sell a home, have them reach out to me! We are doing a $1,000 Summer—meaning, if you send us a house and we buy it, you get $1,000!!
6. Sister likes to wear her hair like I used to back in the 80’s. I love it.
7. We’ve been working hard– and as Joe’s shirt says, “WORK, that’s how you get it.”
8. A must try dinner idea– GRILLED ROMAINE—OMG! I slice the head in half and have Joe just slather a little Olive Oil. Then he grills it on all sides so parts are a little charred but not burnt. I then added some fresh lemon juice, cherry tomatoes, here we had smoked some chicken breast, asparagus and some crumbly blue—SO good and light and yet super filling!
9. My azalea’s bloomed. I Just love their coloring!!
10. And does anyone else feel like we are truly in an experiment? I have to find humor because life/this country/world is out of control. I do hope aliens will not come visit next month.
I thought I’d just wrap May up in a big bow, since I barely blogged at all– oy! It’s all good. May started off with snow and cold, but here we are enjoying 90 degree days the last few! So many great things happening around here, and as always I choose to focus on the bright spots. Life is too short to only see the bad…so here are my favorites from the month! (Totally random by the way…)
I enjoyed this cute chick lit read! It was my favorite from this author duo, but I still finished it and walked away fairly pleased.
This month has been a HUGE growth (mindset) for me. It’s so true, if you feel like quitting, DON’T!!! Just keep going. You are probably closer to where you want to be than you realize! I know it’s a crazy time right now, but NOW is the time you must take massive action and not rest (too much.) So many people are sleeping through life and missing out on making dreams come true. Don’t let that happen to you!
Joe and I have still been doing our weekly lives on our Facebook & Instagram 585 Rent to Own pages. Yesterday’s was SO much fun. We shared our top 3 pieces of advice if you want to stop renting and start owning! We are going to start going live on our Buying page next week as well. We need to help as many folks as we can!
This happened. Cue. The. Tears. Bradley’s Pre-K teacher came to snap a few photos of him and the grad cap/gown. Usually the kids get their photos done professionally but since the virus happened, photos did not. I did not get to see Brooke in hers in real life, only in the photos so my mama heart had a small moment of sadness and also excitement! What a ride motherhood is!
The weather started getting nice and warm FINALLY!! The fort thing never gets old.
This was a “Scavenger Hunt” activity. Brooke’s teacher posted it as an assignment, so I need to make more of these!
Find an object to put on your head.
Find something green.
Find a photo of your family.
Find your favorite thing.
My Sunny Bike came and I have ridden it the past 10 days!! Woot!
I’m still juicing my celery; not every day because I just can’t keep going to the store so much, but I’m on an every other day deal. It has helped my gut SO much.
Haircuts happened for the boys!
I’ve gotta say the hot weather has been the BEST thing about May!! We can finally go outside and not only not freeze, but actually be nice and warm! The kiddos are still adjusting but the ice pops always help!
We took a little drive and walked around by High Falls one warm day and little man decided to wear daddy’s old button up shirt. He tried it on for his Pre-K graduation (we may be gathering in a parking lot to at least clap for every kid, we’re not sure) but he is so cute when he’s wearing it!
Warm weather = lots of grilling meals! We just set up shop outside and eat around the grill, it’s the best! Grass fed beef with a slice of Swiss on lettuce for me! Don’t forget the ketchup, mustard, pickle!
I also shared an easy family favorite on IGTV as well! I made Everything But the Bagel Green Beans & Giada’s Turkey Meatlaof . I thought it’d be fun to share more on Instagram so feel free to follow along! Jenn’s Instagram
I had extra hot dog buns so I did butter them and added Garlic Garlic Tastefully Simple seasoning and broiled for Joe & kids.
A side of Rice
My dinner! I did enjoy some Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing.
Be sure to check out my video for a few swaps!
And this just made me chuckle. I was such a Sesame Street kid growing up, this just seems so fitting for this crazy year that is, 2020.
(Yes, I’m actually posting this on Saturday, but hey, better late than NEVER, am I right?!)
3. My lil sis celebrated her birthday this past week and I am declaring that when we are able to, we will go out for a delicious dinner and some fabulous draaaanks. It was nice to see her for a bit, we stayed outside and chatted social distance-style. I made her a quiche (she loved it!) gave her some wine, a good book to read and some quarters for laundry. I also shared some Brookie Cookies and she loved them too!
5. I’m trying so hard to get into a book again! I have so many that I want to dive into and yet when I go to sit down, reading is the last thing I seem to want to do. I don’t know why but I just cannot seem to focus. I need to get back to my early morning routine and be more consistent…it’s so tricky but no more excuses! This is one that came through rather quickly on Libby, the FREE library app! Christina Lauren is a fantastic chic lit author and her books are usually so fun to read! I just need to make myself get a few pages in…
Have a great weekend friends! What are you cooking or reading these days?! Give me some inspo!