1. I finally tried this #felciacombo this week! This girl has some great recipes and you can find her on YouTube and Instagram. She’s lost a lot of weight using the WW program and shares her meals (which are super simple and quite filling, while being tasty!)
The main components are 1 cup or so of hash browns (spray some PAM and cook them, stirring/flipping for about 10 minutes on medium heat until they are a little brown).
2 Eggs over easy/fried.
2 slices of turkey bacon. I use this, though it pains me to spend $7, it’s 10 seconds in the microwave and done!
1/4 cup of low fat cottage cheese (Sounds weird, and I don’t love cottage cheese alone, so trust this!)
It’s so good and you just mix it all up—I am FULL all morning. (I also have been adding a handful of spinach because I love my greens!)
2. This meme is my life. I always feel so crazy looking waiting for Brooke’s bus to come or dropping off Bradley to preschool. As soon as I get my workout in though, I shower and ta-da!! Haha how many of you mamas can relate?!
3. Date afternoon/night! We had dinner plans with friends, but we have to reschedule, so we still took the time and actually got a nice dent in some Christmas shopping done! I enjoyed a glass of Cab while getting ready.
Yes, my sweet husband is rocking a mustache on our date. He thinks he’s funny. Okay, so do I! He had a full beard but decided to just roll with this for a bit…
4. Everyone seems to be getting sick—stuffy/runny noses and a yucky cough! I have been running the diffusers like crazy (Thieves/On Guard essential oils) taking probiotics (daily anyways) watching the sugar in take, resting when possible and swearing by these!! They really seem to help.
5. If you’ve followed me for awhile, you know my love for style and fashion. I was a Stella & Dot Stylist for a bit, but with our real estate business really taking off, I just didn’t have the time to devote. Anyway, with holidays near, I decided have a stylist friend create a shopping link so anyone can shop! With Dot Dollars (Hello, free money/jewels!) and Christmas gifts to buy, it was a no brainer!
It was nice that Brooke had Friday off, even though I didn’t realize it until a few days prior! Haha. #momlife Which later that day I saw this meme and it was perfect because I seriously thought I was on top of my game!! Luckily my neighbor Katie kept me up to speed.
After we dropped Bradley off at Preschool she wanted to have a girls’ day. We hit up Starbucks and then headed over to Target for some birthday gifts, as she has a few parties to attend in the next few weeks.
She brought her doll and set her up like this and I about died when I came over and saw her sitting like this.
Brooke’s favorite treat at Starbs: Kiddie Hot Cocoa and the confetti sugar cookie. Nice choice girlfriend!!
Saturday morning was such a gorgeous sunrise!! The pinks and purple mixed with the orange glow were simply stunning!
We had out last day of gymnastics, which was fun and a little sad! It’s about an hour drive and we would usually go visit my dad and step-mom after their session, but with the impending Winter weather, it is not a commitment I want to make. I hate driving in the snow, so I’d rather wait it out until Spring or Summer.
My sister asked if we wanted a babysitter Saturday night, so of course we said yes!! It was a little chilly so I did a basic grey bell sleeved sweater with my favorite pair of jeans from American Eagle. They fit like a glove!
We went to Village Gate in downtown Rochester and hit up the restaurant Lento. They serve everything fresh, the menu changes daily and it’s all locally sourced. It’s in a funky building with lots of crazy art pieces. He wanted me to take a picture of this fish. Speaking of fish, we had some amazing Oysters and I had the BEST Salmon dinner with roasted brussels and bacon and apple. I can’t stop thinking about it! I also had some to die for brie and goat cheese….yum!
Joe loved this mural and it looks like some of the “amazing art” we have hanging in our room. Our artistic preferences may differ slightly…
Sunday I spent some time talking with the contractor and checking out shower tile ideas for the house that burned down. We like the bigger tiles, like this look minus the extra small tiling. I want to keep it simple and clean looking.
Sunday we had our neighbor’s birthday party at a YMCA.
The kids played in the jungle gym and swam in the pool.
Well, all but one did.
SO hard to get a still shot! I love that Bradley is covered in vanilla cake frosting.
Brooke picked out her presents all by herself…
Lily turned 9 and yes, our daughter who’s 6 is taller than her. They wear the same size! They are so sweet together and we are very grateful to have good neighbor friends.
I finished this book and it was full of good gems! I’ll share a few later on.
I had “the house shut down” (Joe makes fun of me, but seriously, I say this all the time! I think because my mom used to!) by 8pm and I think I was asleep before the Patriots game, it may have just started. I got up to use the bathroom, and I had taken a Nyquil a little earlier so I could sleep well and try to get this cold/allergy whatever out of my system and when I stood up I had this feeling/flash/premonition and I told Joe, “The Ravens win.” When we got up this morning, he said hey, by the way you’re right! I’m a tad freaked out by this but find it cool as well. I felt like I was in that state of semi-consciousness and half awake, which I bet if I meditated on a regular basis I could tap into more. I may have lost you at this point, but yes, I do believe in psychic ability and a little voo doo. Joe says if I hone in my skills he’ll start betting. Hahaha!
Happy Monday friends!
We had such a great weekend! As always, it flew by super fast!
Friday I snuck out for some “do you time” and honestly enjoyed my mani/pedi like no other! It was a great ‘cheers to me’ for having an awesome Summer home with my babies, and an amazing feeling knowing they were both off and in school while I soaked my tired feet! I went with a Fall color, kind of like a red wine!
After that I ran some errands, met up with my boys for a working lunch at a park and we were home to meet Brookie off the bus before we knew it.
Saturday was a pleasant surprise, as I had made plans to attend a freezer meal workshop with my girlfriend Cathy, and assumed I’d bring the kids. Joe decided it was his Saturday off and took them instead! It was so wonderful to focus on chopping the meats, fixing/bagging up some recipes and most importantly have some GIRL time, I was so grateful! This tasty Chai comes out soon and you betcha I’ll be ordering some!
Saturday called for a night out with my honey, and since the temps are cooler, it was time to bust out one of my favorite faux leather jackets! Still rocking open toe shoes though. Had to show off that pedi!!
We dined at a local favorite and it was so good! I hear comments from time to time about how many date nights we go on, but honestly it’s THE BEST THING for us. I miss him when we don’t see each other a lot and with two dogs, two kids and a business, it’s pretty much vital we get this alone time. We always have a good time no matter what we do or where we go!
I didn’t snap a photo of the pork belly special—we were starving! The pork was outstanding and they served it with avocado mousse, melon, watermelon & cucumber balls–drooling just thinking about it!
This pizza was also scrumptious!! It was like a salsa verde on a pizza with a chorizo, cilantro–total party in our mouths.
As for Sunday we had places we should have gone, but our bodies said rest…so I spent the morning finishing up Big Little Lies and honestly relaxing all day. It was heavenly! I was full of energy this Monday morning and attacked the day!
Hey hey!! Happy Friday!
I thought I’d share 5 of my favorites from last weekend with ya!! I believe I have a super fun weekend planned ahead, so I’m looking forward to it. I feel like we try to go out and enjoy this gorgeous weather as much as possible. Pretty soon, it’s going to get cold, snow, icy and yucky to drive in, so we tend to hunker down and hibernate a lot once Winter hits.
1. This adorable romper from Apricot Lane is SO comfy and was the perfect attire for our ‘book club/ladies night out’ last week. I tried to get a good photo, but the husband was making me laugh so darn hard! It’s hard sharing from this boutique because stuff sells out really fast, but if you haven’t shopped with them before, you’re totally missing out! (I know the leopard watch was a bit much with it, but I just love leopard haha!)
2. Girls Nights & bubbly. It’s seriously my favorite and there’s something about rosé bubbles that just tastes so delicious! I love a good French Rosé but I also dig a simple can from Our House Wine. I know, canned wine, who would have thought? It’s great because no one wants to drink a whole bottle of bubs, ok no one should drink a whole bottle, so the cans are perfection.
Oh, and cheese for dinner. Who doesn’t love a good ole charcuterie platter?! I don’t know about the men in your life, but this would not constitute a meal in my household. However, I left hubby home with the kiddos and so the ladies and I devoured this and a flat bread. Yum, yum!
3. A good mani. I snuck out and got “I Seafood and Eat it” GEL for my nail color last time around. It’s such a pretty mix of a hot pink/orange/red. I do have some Colorstreet nails that I am itching to try out as well, I just need to stop going to the salon!
4. Date nights! I love a reason to dress up in some fabulous clothes and accessories. We went to a local Rochester favorite, Tony D’s and it did not disappoint! We were able to catch up with friends, one of whom used to work with Joe. It was a beautiful evening all around! Our city is pretty too!
5. Quiet time. I’ve been doing so much better carving out “do you time” as my life coach would call it. It’s so much better when I take the time and relax, read, write, sip a little beverage. I may sound like a broken record, but making intentional time to fill my soul continues to ground me more and more. My back deck is mostly peaceful (depends on where kids/dogs are!) but I do love sitting back here, watching the birds and being outside.
Speaking of, I just love tea. I love Starbucks but when you’re home and in your cozy slippers, you just want something to pour from your own fridge! This chai is so tasty. I mix mine with vanilla soy milk and some ice cubes. They do have a sugar free version, but I just use sparingly. If I want one, I have one. #intuitiveeating
That’s about all I have today for you lovelies!!
Cheers to a great weekend and a beautiful day!