It’s been a bit since I’ve blogged and I realized how much I like being able to pull up recipes my family enjoys on this little space on the web.
I was honestly going to make a lasagna soup but Joe’s face said otherwise…so I went all in on a Monday night and made a killer lasagna.
The key to amazing lasagna? Italian sausage and letting it sit out of the oven long enough it’s no longer runny when you cut and serve.
1 box of lasagna noodles
1 lb sweet italian sausage
1 lb bison meat ground
2 jars of Rao’s Vodka sauce
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 tsp Italian seasoning
*Pre-heat oven to 375
- Boil noodles to package
2. Dice onion & cook until translucent in extra virgin olive oil
3. Add meat & sausage to onion, cook until brown.
4. Add jar of sauce & some garlic.
5. In a bowl, mix ricotta, mozzarella and parm cheese
6. Spray bottom of 13×9 pan and cover with sauce.
7. Layer noodles, spread the ricotta mixture and then the meat.
8. Repeat until you’re out of both.
9. Top layer should be noodles, sauce and a little mozz cheese.
10. We also add a few hardboiled eggs on top.
Bake for 30 minutes covered in foil. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!