Happy day 21 in self quarantine! What an emotional roller coaster of feelings. I feel like we’re getting into a better ‘groove’ with the kids and their online learning, virtual dance classes and structuring the day so we are all a bit more productive. That said, we’re truly soaking up this time together as we know how precious it is. (as I’m typing this, I keep glancing over at Joe and the kids who are doing Just Dance 2020. Bradley beats all of us. All the time!)
I’ve been trying to balance my time otherwise I literally find myself in the kitchen morning, noon and night. I sent Joe a bunch of smoked meat (and cheese!) ideas for next week, as the weather cooperates and I just can’t slave over the stove any more than I have to! I sincerely don’t understand how people are bored or have watched so many Netflix shows, but we do have a full house and well I’m not one to sit long anyway.
1. Super grateful for friends and family who are so thoughtful during this time! We’ve had some groceries & goodies delivered from my sister and other staples and fun crafts for the kids from one of my best girlfriends…I in return gave her some flour I had extra and some homemade rolls to try.
Sorry you couldn’t come in Bri!! Thank you so much for driving out here. We love you!
2. I thought about doing the “Next 90 days challenge” with my faves the Hollises, but then I saw these two are getting ready to launch their book coming out soon and in honor of that, they are holding a two week challenge which I am loving so far! It’s simple but you need to be mindful: Daily: Move, Eat 5 colors, Smoothie, Pray/meditate, Give yourself Grace, and water. I’ve been coloring in hearts on a chart and Brooke saw and wanted to do it too…I thought this was great! What a healthy way to teach her how to care for herself daily, even during a crazy time. Pre-order a copy here!!
So of course I’m all eyes for new smoothies to try–this was delish! I follow Cambria on Insta and You Tube.
3. I got back into my ‘morning routine’ this week. We don’t ‘need’ to get up early, but I do enjoy a good hour to myself in the morning. I like to read, journal, write in this Start Today Journaland sometimes even blog. It’s not easy and I haven’t mastered it, but I did do it a few times, which is a few more times than I did last week! Once this whole quarantine is over, life will resume. It will be different, but I want to be 110% ready.
4. Just Dance. The kids love it so much and I’d be lying if I didn’t admit Joe and I have been dancing along with them! We may have just unlocked more songs so we can dance even more haha. If anyone walks by our house during a dance sesh, it’d be pretty funny to watch. Bradley kicks all of our butts. Repeatedly.— edit– 8:55 pm on Thursday night, I just beat him! LOL
5. I’m still keeping a sense of humor amongst the heaviness. You have to. This whole ordeal is surreal and my heart aches for all those who are suffering right now. However, we must also find love and light in all things and some of these memes are funny. Current fave:
*This post contains affiliate links in which I would make a small portion. As always, thank you for supporting my blog!