This photo captures the beauty of life still moving, in this case the sun setting, and yet not being totally overwhelmed, consumed and bogged down by the daily demands.
Every morning the sun rises, and every evening the sun sets. We wake up, have endless amounts of ideas running through our minds, activities to attend, meals to prepare and eat, people to take care of, books to read, obligations that need to be fulfilled and duties to be performed.
I’ve always thought of myself as a happy person, but I will admit my emotions ran me most of the time. I have always felt so damn close to being exactly where I want, and what I want, but then something would happen and I’d lose that feeling. Well, since working with my Life Coach Lindsay Preston in her Life Luvers Course and then followed it up with her Unstoppable Woman program, I can honestly say to myself and to the world, I have unlocked so many doors.
As I try to put into words the power of the work that I have done, it almost feels impossible. There were parts when it was super hard and I certainly did not like opening up some old wounds, but with her help, Lindsay gave me the tools to heal myself for once and for all. I’m not saying I won’t have past issues re-surface, but now that I know what to do, I no longer fear them. Most importantly, I learned to forgive, especially myself.
I mentioned that I was to do three 21 Day Habits. You guys, I did them. ALL. THREE!! It was easy to do, but it would have been oh so easy not to do as well. I did my daily yoga, even when I was ready for bed and pushed it until the very end of the evening, I still pulled out my iPad and did some goodnight yoga stretches. I blogged every day for 21 days, even if it was just a quote and photo. I also repeated my mantra to myself every day, for 21 days straight, “I am free to be me.”
Do you know what happened?
- I became more calm and got mad/frustrated less. (ie. not yelling/snapping at kids or dogs)
- I drew boundaries in my life where I realized there needed to be some. (Business wise, familial, friendships)
- I gained a sense of confidence in my writing, opening up and sharing poetry here, no longer caring if anyone liked it or not.
- I got really intentional with my time, making my 24 hours in my day extremely valuable to me.
- I stopped feeling the guilt if I let someone down (aka the people pleaser in me) when I realized I simply cannot do it all.
- I learned to love my body, the way it is, even if it’s not perfect.
- My relationship with my husband has gotten even better, and I have to say we have a great marriage, but this work has improved it even more so!
- I am so attune with God, mother nature, the universe.
- I no longer hold grudges or question, “why me?” I started asking, “What is this teaching me?”
- My weird heart palpitations are completely gone. The Dr sent me home with Lexapro, told me I had bad anxiety…I have felt more zen than ever before, and life is anything but smooth sailing. (hello house fire at one of properties)
- I’ve opened up even further to our business and am becoming more confident as I step further into this entrepreneur role.
- I am just so “in flow” as I always call it. I just feel lighter — and not like lbs, just not a sense of heaviness weighing me down.
- I can feel myself slipping into my “IMG” and can pull myself back into my authentic self with the proper tools Lindsay taught me.
Lindsay will be running Life Luvers again LIVE starting on Monday 9/9 and they can use your code to get $20. This is so powerful when you do it amongst a group of women! The energy that flows is so contagious and so much growth can happen in such a short time. If you are at all intrigued, hop over to her site (www.LindsayEPreston.com) to take her coaching assessment to see if you are good to work together so you can get in that live group!! Don’t forget to use the code JENN20 when you sign up, and save $20!
I know it seems like a lot of work, and I won’t lie, putting in the time to better myself was not always easy…but if you just take it one day at a time, one step at a time, I can promise you that life will get better, things seem to get easier, and you’ll gain a clarity that you’ve perhaps only dreamed of.
I started with two 90 Day Goals at the start of this Unstoppable Woman course.
Goal 1: Improve my time management. At the start of this course, I gave myself a “3” out of 10. I felt it was reasonable and attainable to achieve my goal. I wrote, “By the end of unstoppable, I will be at a 10. I will feel less chaotic, and there will be a flow with my days. —- WOW! I can say that I am there. I feel in control, even on the days I have zero control, I am still in flow with my crazy. (Owning your own real estate biz has so many unexpected twists!)
Goal 2: Improve my communication about me. I will be okay with celebrating wins. I gave myself a 6 on the scale at the start of this program. At the end of 90 days, I won’t hide/skirt around my needs, wants and desires. At the end of Unstoppable, I will be free to be me. –again, WOW!! I would say here I am at a 10. I no longer hold back in fear of what others may think, say or do. I honestly display my feelings, thoughts and stand firm in my beliefs. My communication has honestly improved in all important relationships in my life and I feel nothing but gratitude and abundance, and of course, love.
I am just wrapping up the final weeks of this course, and just wish everyone could put in this kind of work to better themselves. I’ve read countless self-improvement books, listened to audio, watched a ton of motivational speakers, but none of them have given me this literal step-by-step guide of how to get to the other side.