1. Christmas came and went just like that!! I feel like we did a great job of enjoying the season, though we didn’t check all items off our bucket list, I’d say we did pretty well! Christmas Eve these two set out the cookies & milk and Brooke wrote Santa a note. (She was so happy that he wrote her one back the next day!) To be 6 and 4 at Christmas again.
3. I love our tree. It reminds me of the ones we had growing up. Mismatched colored lights, homemade and funny little ornaments. I don’t want to take it down, though it must soon as it’s real. The magic of Christmas was real this year. Like my friend said, you don’t get another 4 year old and 6 year old at Christmas again. We soaked it in and I held onto oh so tight. The way they said goodbye to buddy and hugged him Christmas eve made me tear right up! It was a beautiful Christmas and just like every year past, the best one yet.
3. I tried to allow the mess for as long as I could, but we have this dog named Bailey you see…and she likes to eat ALL THE THINGS. So everything got picked up pretty quickly. I am letting the toys be strewn all over the higher surfaces like counters, tables etc. Where normally they’re tucked away…that’s similar right?!
4. I saw this and giggled! How crazy we are about to enter into the 20s?! I’m really looking forward to next year. We will be married 10 years come July and have so many big dreams coming into reality.
5. In other news, my Acid Reflux/Gerd has come back in full force these past few weeks. I didn’t even recognize it, at first I thought that I had a stomach bug or something, but no it’s definitely that. I’m working on slowing down, being more mindful while I eat, watching what I eat, really watching what I think about and turning off and tuning out negativity and stress. My belly just can’t hang with it!! If you’re feeling a bit off too, it’s no surprise with the high demands of the holidays and pressures we put on ourselves, something will usually manifest through our bodies. Take the time, focus on healing and choose love not fear.
Have a beautiful weekend friends!